Tuesday 9 June 2009

summer shorts


IMG_6873
Originally uploaded by The Haske Family
I am still working on my daughter's polkadot jacket, but couldn't resist making a quick pair of summer shorts at the same time! After making the kanoko pants I created my own pattern for these wool shorts. They were knitted in the round and it was the first time I knitted short rows, garter crotch and ruffles. I am really pleased with the result and they look incredibly cute on my daughter. The short rows really help cover her chunky diaper as that has been my one frustration with the kanoko pants shorts. I have completely fallen in love with this malabrigo yarn as well. Both shorts are made from malabrigo and are wonderfully squshy soft. They are also amazingly watertight and so far seem to be the best diaper covers we have! I am sure there will be several pairs of wool pants for the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment