Monday 27 April 2009

kanoko pants


kanoko pants
Originally uploaded by The Haske Family
I used the pattern for kanoko pants but adapted it slightly to create loose fitting shorts that will work as a cloth diaper cover for the summer. This is my first time working with malabrigo wool and I am really impressed with how beautiful this wool is to use. The down side was that the shorts seemed to stretch with the first wash, although I felt like I was being really careful. I ended up drying them in a machine to shrink/felt them slightly and they actually turned out beautifully.
This is a really easy pattern to follow and all I needed to do was add increases on one more row to accomodate bulky cloth diapers. They look more like a skirt than shorts on my daughter at the moment, but hopefully they will then last her through the summer, as I have allowed for growth room.

No comments:

Post a Comment